- Facebook Population
- Public Domain (PD)
+ Works in the public domain may be used freely without the permission of the former copyright owner.
+ For more info see http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-definitions.html.
The High Resolution Settlement Layer (HRSL) provides estimates of human population distribution at a resolution of 1 arc-second (approximately 30m) for the year 2015. The population estimates are based on recent census data and high-resolution (0.5m) satellite imagery from DigitalGlobe. The population grids provide detailed delineation of settlements in both urban and rural areas. The data were developed using computer vision techniques to classify blocks of optical satellite data as settl...
- Publication Date
- Oct. 17, 2018, 1:11 p.m.
- Raster Data
- GeoSAFE , Exposure
- characteristics of society and cultures. Examples: settlements, anthropology, archaeology, education, traditional beliefs, manners and customs, demographic data, recreational areas and activities, social impact assessments, crime and justice, census information
- Africa , East Africa , Mozambique , Global
- Maintenance Frequency
- Frequency Of Maintenance For The Data Is Not Known
- This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0). Users are free to use, copy, distribute, transmit, and adapt the work for commercial and non-commercial purposes, without restriction, as long as clear attribution of the source is provided.
Provide detailed population estimates for research in humanitarian, disaster response, sustainability, and infrastructure planning fields.
- Supplemental Information
CIESIN strives to disseminate quality Data and to provide accurate metadata and documentation consistent with best practices and accepted standards. This inc...
- Spatial Representation Type
- grid data is used to represent geographic data